Hi! I bet you are here because you are looking for a photographer…and I’m guessing you may be feeling overwhelmed: Do I want them at a studio or on location? How about the digital files? Is this going to cost me a fortune? Is my husband going to complain the whole time? What should we wear? What if my kids are terrors? Ugh! *Gah* Sigh… Yes, getting family photos can be a headache, but luckily you stumbled upon smileabunch photography and I am so glad you did!
The smileabunch experience is not your typical ulcer-inducing photography experience. Sure, I have heard that before, you might be thinking. I get it! I am a mother of 6…so I can absolutely relate to the idea that family photos = stress! That is why I worked so hard to create an experience for you and your family that is stress-free and fun for everyone…including your skeptical husband…while still resulting in gorgeous images that you will love, cherish, blog, print and wallpaper your house with.
Sound good? Then here’s what you need to do:
1. Make sure you like my style! I am a lifestyle photographer, so my work has a journalistic, real-life style to it. I like funky tilts, creative angles and lots of color. At every session, I do my best to get at least one shot where everyone is looking at the camera because I know Grandma wants to see all of your smiling faces, but if that is ALL you are looking for, I am probably not your girl. I like to think of my work as the photogaphy version of a “romantic comedy”…it makes you laugh, it makes you cry, it draws you in and tells a story, but most of all, it makes you fall in love with your family all over again!
2. Schedule your “picture date”! This isn’t just a fancy way of saying portrait session, we will actually be planning a fabulously fun date for your family. Whether you love playing board games, snuggling on the couch reading books, walking on the coast, playing a heated game of tackle football or going to Yogurtland for a little sweet fix, we will plan a date that reflects you. You can be as involved (or not) in the planning as you like and I take care of the rest…no stress, remember? Because you aren’t just pretending to do something fun, picture dates will take at least 1 hour, typically closer to 2 hours. Wait a second, 2 hours of pictures with kids and a skeptical husband sounds stressful…don’t worry, they’ll be having fun too!
3. Shop…or not. The big question is always “What do I wear!” I have lots of inspiration, tips and ideas for you if you want to head out shopping for coordinating outfits for the whole family – coordinating…not matching. But if a shopping excursion isn’t on your agenda, lifestyle photography is perfect for shopping from your own closet too. 4. Have fun! The day of your picture date should be fun. You will NOT be threatening your kid with the loss of ice cream at the end or stressing out that they are making weird faces at the camera. Instead you are going to be playing with your kiddos, laughing at your daughter’s imitation of a monkey, making eyes at your husband because he is incredibly handsome and such a cute dad, and feeling blessed that this life of yours is so darn happy!
5. Check out your gallery. Laugh, smile and cry as you look through the images. View it again…and again. I select the best 35+ images from our picture date and edit each one individually within 2 weeks of your session. I want every client to have a disc of their images as well as professional prints to hang on their walls, so your artistic fee will include my time, a disc of all the images from your session and a print credit. Professional prints, albums and unique frames are available a la carte. Pricing details can be found here.
6. Gush to all of your friends and family …about how much you have loved your experience with smileabunch photography. I adore my clients and love to share this fun experience with them. We have so much fun that they keep coming back again and again! You check out what other people are saying about their smileabunch photography experience here.
I hope you have found this information helpful. If this sounds like the kind of experience you are looking for, then get in touch with me and let’s see if we can make your photography experience stress-free and fun from here on out! Can’t wait to meet you!